Buzztime Copyright Policy
Buzztime NTN, Inc. ("Buzztime"), operates websites (including www.buzztime.com, my.buzztime.com, postscores.buzztime.com, and www.getbuzztime.com) and provides games and other services through the Internet, on-site game stations, and mobile devices. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”), Buzztime responds promptly to claims of copyright infringement reported to its designated agent.
Buzztime reserves the right to remove any content posted by its users that infringes, or appears to infringe, on the intellectual property rights of others. Users do not have to register or establish accounts in order to use some Buzztime services. However, Buzztime will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
Sending Notices of Infringement
If you are the owner of any exclusive right under copyright laws, or are authorized to act on behalf of such an owner, and you believe that a copyrighted work is being used on a Buzztime website or service in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our agent with the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyright infringements at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a comprehensive list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Buzztime to locate the material (such as the URL or video number);
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Buzztime to contact you, including a true name, address, telephone number and, if available, an email address at which the you may be contacted;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Claims of copyright infringement should be sent as follows:
NTN Buzztime, Inc.
Attention: Chief Financial Officer
5966 La Place Court, Suite 100
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Claims may also be sent by email to:
Please note that under the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512(f)), any person who knowingly and materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Users who have posted content that is removed because it is the subject of a claim of infringement may provide a counter-notification under the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512(g). If we receive a counter-notification, we may reinstate the material in question.
To file a counter-notification with us, you must provide a written communication (by regular mail or by email) that sets forth all of the items required by the DMCA. Please note that you may be liable for damages if you materially misrepresent that content or an activity is not infringing the copyrights of others. If you are not sure whether certain material infringes the copyrights of others, we suggest that you first contact an attorney. A counter-notification can be composed using the forms at ChillingEffects.org.
Counter-notifications should be sent to the same postal or email address given above.