NTN BUZZTIME, INC.
OLD CHICAGO 2012 BEER TRIVIA CHALLENGE
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN: A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Old Chicago 2012 Beer Trivia Challenge ("Promotion") is open to participating Old Chicago locations in the 50 United States and Canada. For a list of participating locations, go to www.buzztime.com/oldchicago. Promotion is void in Michigan, Puerto Rico, Quebec Province and where prohibited by law. Employees and directors of NTN Buzztime, Inc. and NTN Canada, Inc. (collectively, "Buzztime"), information providers, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertisers, advertising agencies, promotional and marketing agencies and their immediate families and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Buzztime shall be the sole judge of eligibility and its decisions are binding and final. By participating in this Promotion, each player and participating site agrees to be unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions and interpretations of Buzztime shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins on Wednesday, July 11th, 2012, at 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and continues through August 22nd, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. PT. Promotion games are scheduled to be broadcast 6:00 p.m. PT/CT and 7:00 p.m. ET/MT on: July 11, July 18, July 25, August 1, August 8, August 15 and August 22 ("Promotion Period").
3. TO PLAY: During the Promotion Period, the eligible locations (each a "Location") may participate by encouraging player participation at their respective Locations to achieve the highest Old Chicago Beer Trivia game scores. The Locations whose players achieve the highest total Location scores during the Promotion Period will be deemed the winning Locations. "Location Scores" are determined by totaling the five (5) highest Beer Trivia Playmaker scores in each Location during each broadcast during the Promotion Period. In the case of tie(s) the Location with the single highest player score during the Promotion Period will be the winner.
To play, players at each Locations should log-in on a wireless Playmaker® gamepad to the featured Old Chicago Beer Trivia (6:00p.m. to 7:00 p.m. PT) and answer the trivia questions. At the end of the Promotion Period, Buzztime will determine winners in accordance with the scoring above. The three Locations with the highest total Location Scores receive an Old Chicago 2012 Beer Trivia Challenge party, as described below, hosted by Buzztime. Only one Playmaker may be used per person. Use of more than one Playmaker by any one player may disqualify the player and the Location. No money or other thing of value may be collected, charged, contributed or exchanged as a condition of participation in this Promotion.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: The winning Locations will receive an Old Chicago 2012 Beer Trivia Challenge party as described below, hosted by Buzztime.
- $150 Player Party
- Trophy (approx.. $60)
- Branded Beer-Related Items (approx. $400)
2nd & 3rd Place:
- $50 Player Party
- Branded Beer-Related Items (approx. $100)
The total approximate retail value is $910. Approximate Retail Values of prizes are just that, approximations and are not guarantees of price or value.
Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash. The winners must agree to abide by all restrictions in connection with the prizes. In the event of unavailability of prizes, Buzztime, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners have seven (7) calendar days from notification to accept the prize by return notice to Buzztime. Buzztime is not responsible for any late, lost or misdirected notification or unsuccessful attempts to claim a prize. If a prize is not accepted by the deadline, Buzztime will award the prize to the eligible Location with the next highest Location Score
5. ODDS OF WINNING: This is a game of skill; winning depends on the skill of the players in each game.
6. WINNER VERIFICATION & CONDITIONS: As a condition of receiving any prize, potential winners may be required to: (a) verify their eligibility by providing Buzztime with reasonable documentation (b) sign and return an affidavit of eligibility or equivalent document and (c) sign and return other legal documents, including tax forms, a publicity release as described below, and a full and unconditional liability release supplied by the Buzztime, which, among other provisions, releases Buzztime and its subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons from any and all liability related to the Promotion and the receipt and use of the prize.
7. PRIVACY, USE OF PHOTO, IMAGE AND LIKENESS: By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use and publishing of their individual name, likeness, photograph or image, and voice by Buzztime for promotional purposes in all manner and media formats worldwide, in perpetuity, without further compensation to participants individually or jointly, unless prohibited by law. The winner may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within seven (7) calendar days of notification. Winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, or in Canada, a Declaration of Compliance with Contest Rules. Non-compliance with these provisions or return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
8. GENERAL: By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Buzztime which are final and without recourse. This Promotion is subject to the laws of the United States. Void where prohibited by law. Buzztime's broadcast schedule and network availability is subject to change at the discretion of Buzztime. Winners agree that Buzztime is not responsible and Locations and players will defend and hold harmless Buzztime for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property due in whole or in part directly or indirectly to their possession, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, from participation in the Promotion or violation of these rules or any laws. All federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Buzztime is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Any Buzztime location whose VSAT connection, DSL connection or telephone line is not working properly may forfeit its players' chances to win. Attempts, as solely determined by Buzztime, to abuse, cheat, circumvent, manipulate data and entries will result in participant disqualification. If the Promotion is compromised due to virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Buzztime which corrupts, or impairs administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion, Buzztime reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion in its entirety and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Buzztime reserves the right to amend these rules at any time with or without prior notice. Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these terms.
9. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: (a) Except where prohibited by law, players and Locations agree that: (1) any and all claims, disputes and causes of action relating directly or indirectly, to the Promotion, and use of the Buzztime equipment and programming shall be resolved individually, without resort to any sort of class action and exclusively by arbitration or alternative dispute resolution as selected by Buzztime to take place exclusively in the county of San Diego, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, and shall not include attorney's fees; and (3) in no event will a participant or Location be entitled to obtain additional awards beyond out of pocket costs and participants hereby waive all rights to claim non-economic, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and hereby waive any and all rights to have damages or awards multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions regarding the Promotion and interpretation and validity of these Official Rules and the decisions of Buzztime and its agents in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws doctrine. (b) Should any rule, term or condition of these Official Rules and any addendum or published notice referenced in these Official Rules be determined to be void, unenforceable or contrary to applicable law, such terms or conditions shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring the rule within the requirements of the law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms and conditions hereof and the remainder of the Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect. Players and Locations agree that any legal action arising in connection with the Promotion, whether in tort, contract or otherwise shall be heard exclusively in San Diego County, California.
10. WINNERS LIST: The name of the winner will be posted on www.buzztime.com at the conclusion of the Promotion for a limited time. To obtain a copy of the winner list or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request, along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to: NTN Buzztime, Inc., Attn: Old Chicago 2012 Beer Trivia Challenge Winners, 2231 Rutherford Rd., Suite 200, Carlsbad, CA 92008-8830. Requests must be received by Buzztime no later than September 8th, 2012.
This Promotion is sponsored by:
NTN Buzztime, Inc.
2231 Rutherford Rd., Suite 200
Carlsbad, California 92008
Buzztime and Playmaker are registered trademarks of NTN Buzztime, Inc.