NTN BUZZTIME, INC.
OLD CHICAGO BEER TRIVIA CHALLENGE
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN: A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Old Chicago Beer Trivia Challenge Promotion ("Promotion") is open to all participating locations which are Buzztime® game network subscribers in the 50 United States, DC and Canada except Quebec Province and where prohibited by law (each a “Location”). Employees and directors of NTN Buzztime, Inc. and NTN Canada, Inc. (collectively, “Buzztime”), information providers, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertisers/sponsors, advertising agencies, promotional and marketing agencies and their immediate families and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Promotion, each Location and Location personnel agree to be unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions and interpretations of Buzztime shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins on July 10th, 2013 at 5p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and continues through September 4th, 2013at 6 p.m. PT ("Promotion Period"). Promotion game broadcasts are scheduled on: 5:00PM PT / 6:00PM MT / 5:00PM CT / 6:00PM ET.
3. TO PLAY: During the Promotion Period, eligible Locations may participate by encouraging player participation at their respective Location to achieving the highest Old Chicago Beer Trivia Challenge game scores. The two Locations whose players achieve the highest aggregate Location Scores during the Promotion Period will be the deemed the winning Locations. "Location Scores" are determined by totaling the five (5) highest Old Chicago Beer Trivia player scores in each Location during each broadcast during the Promotion Period. In the event of a tie, the Location with the single highest player score during the Promotion Period will be the winner.
To play, allow players to log-in on a wireless Playmaker® gamepad or Buzztime’s Mobile Playmaker™ app to the featured Old Chicago Beer Trivia Challenge and play as usual in accordance with Old Chicago Beer Trivia Challenge rules. Simultaneous use of more than one Playmaker and/or mobile or other device(s) by any one player may disqualify the player and the Location. No money or other thing of value may be collected, charged, contributed or exchanged as a condition of play or participation in the Promotion.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: The 2 Locations with the highest scores (1st and 2nd place), will receive a Buzztime Player’s party hosted by Buzztime, including appetizers, beverages, Old Chicago Gift Cards, and a Buzztime prize pack consisting of Buzztime promotional items for use at the Location. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize = US$600.00. Total ARV of all prizes is US$1,200. ARV of prizes is just that, an approximation, and is not guarantees of price or value.Both winning Locations (1st and 2nd place) will receive:
- $350 Players Party
- Buzztime prize pack
- 10 - $15 Old Chicago Gift Cards
One prize per Location. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner eligibility verification by Buzztime. Winners must agree to abide by all restrictions in connection with the prizes including the terms and conditions of the prize providers. Taxes, if any, are the winner's responsibility. In the event of unavailability of or delay in the availability of prizes, Buzztime, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Winners will have seven (7) calendar days from notification to accept the prize by e-mail or regular mail to the address specified in the notification. Buzztime is not responsible for any late, lost, or misdirected notification or for winners' unsuccessful efforts to claim any prize
5. ODDS OF WINNING: This is a game of skill; winning depends on the skill of the players at each Location.
6. WINNER VERIFICATION & CONDITIONS: As a condition of receiving any prize, potential winners may be required to: (a) verify their eligibility by providing Buzztime with reasonable identification, business, legal and location details (b) sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and (c) sign and return other legal documents, including tax forms, a publicity release as described below, and a full and unconditional liability release supplied by the Buzztime, which, among other provisions, releases Buzztime and its subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons from any and all liability related to the Promotion and the receipt and use of the prize.
7. PRIVACY, USE OF PHOTO, IMAGE AND LIKENESS: By accepting prizes, winners consent to the use and publication of their name, likeness, photograph, image and voice by Buzztime for promotional purposes in any manner all media formats worldwide, in perpetuity, without further compensation to Participants individually or jointly, unless prohibited by law. Winners may be required to complete, sign and return a Publicity Release within seven (7) calendar days of notification.
8. GENERAL: By participating in the Promotion, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Buzztime which are final and without recourse. This Promotion is subject to the laws of the United States and the state, provincial and local laws applicable to each Location. Void where prohibited by law. Buzztime's broadcast schedule and network availability is subject to change at the discretion of Buzztime. By accepting prizes, winners agree that Buzztime is not responsible for, and winners will defend and hold harmless Buzztime from, any claim, action, loss, injury, or damage to person or property due in whole or in part directly or indirectly to: possession, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, participation in the Promotion or any violation of these rules or the law. All federal, state, provincial and local taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Buzztime is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Any Buzztime location whose internet connection or telephone line is not working properly may forfeit its players’ chances to win. Attempts, as solely determined by Buzztime, to abuse, cheat, circumvent, manipulate data or entries will result in Participant disqualification. If the operation of the Promotion is compromised due to virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or any other cause beyond the control of Buzztime which corrupts, or impairs administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion, Buzztime reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion in its entirety and to disqualify any individual(s) or Location(s) that tampers with the Promotion, including any game, entry process or network. Buzztime reserves the right to amend these rules or terminate the Promotion with or without cause at any time with or without prior notice. Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these terms.
9. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited by law, you as a player or participating Location (collectively “Participant”) agree that: (a) any and all claims, disputes and causes of action relating directly or indirectly to the Promotion, and use of the Buzztime equipment and programming shall be resolved individually, without resort to any sort of class action and exclusively by arbitration or alternative dispute resolution as selected by Buzztime, to take place exclusively in San Diego County; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred and shall not include attorneys’ fees; and (c) in no event will a Participant be entitled to obtain additional awards beyond out of pocket costs and Participants hereby waive all rights to claim non-economic, punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages and hereby waive any and all rights to have damages or awards multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions regarding the Promotion and interpretation and validity of these "Official Rules" and the decisions of Buzztime and its agents in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard for conflict of laws doctrine. Should any term of this rule or any other rule, term or condition of these Official Rules and any addendum or published notice referenced in these Official Rules be determined to be void, unenforceable or contrary to applicable law, such terms or conditions shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring the rule within the requirements of the law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms and conditions and the remainder of the Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect. Winners and Participants agree than any legal action arising in connection with the Promotion, whether in tort, contract or otherwise shall be heard exclusively in the courts of San Diego County, California.
10. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winners will be posted on buzztime.com at the conclusion of the Promotion for a limited time. To obtain a copy of the winners list or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to: NTN Buzztime, Inc., Attn: Old Chicago Beer Trivia Challenge Winners, 2231 Rutherford Rd. Suite 200, Carlsbad, CA 92008. Requests must be received by Buzztime no later than September 11th, 2013.
This Promotion is sponsored by: NTN Buzztime, Inc.
Buzztime, Mobile Playmaker and Playmaker and Old Chicago Beer Trivia Challenge are trademarks or registered trademarks of NTN Buzztime, Inc.