1. Whoa, so Buzztime just launched a new app!?!
Yes! And once you download the free Buzztime Entertainment app, you can use your own mobile device to compete in trivia at ANY Buzztime location!
2. Will the app work on both Apple iOS and Android devices?
Yes, the app is available as a free download on both Apple and Android mobile devices. You’ll need Android 7 and higher, or Apple iOS 8 and higher.
3. What games can I play using the new Buzztime app?
You can join in many of our most popular games: Countdown, Lunchtime Trivia, The Late Shift, Movie Night, Pop Culture, and many more. Currently, the Buzztime Entertainment app is in an open beta phase. We are initially
releasing about half of our games in order to seek feedback from players.
4. What games are not yet available?
Arcade games, Ask It Already, Playback, Showdown, Six, Speed Freaks, Spotlight, The Pulse, Blackjack, Texas Hold ‘em, Jackpot Trivia, Live trivia, and OpinioNation.
5. Can I use the app to join in the monthly Trivia for Cash competitions?
Yes! Check out the latest Trivia for Cash competition and join in the fun at your favorite Buzztime location.
6. What about arcade games, can I play those on the app?
You can’t use the app to play arcade games, but you can get your game on in the digital arcade using a Buzztime tablet.
7. Is this the same as the original Buzztime Mobile Playmaker app?
The Buzztime Entertainment app is a completely new app!
8. When will more games be released?
While we don’t have specific dates available, we plan to add more games. The goal is to eventually make all Buzztime trivia games playable on the new app.
9. Why aren’t trivia questions and answers visible?
We are continuing to build out additional features for the app, and will keep our players informed of any developments in this area.
10. If I download the Buzztime Entertainment app, should I delete the Mobile Playmaker app?
Yes, these are 2 different apps. The previous app will no longer work at Buzztime locations.
11. I have feedback to share, how can make sure my voice is heard?
We’re excited to hear your suggestions and insights! Please fill out the brief in-app survey after playing and we’ll make sure we review your ideas.
12. What about Jackpot Trivia?
Jackpot Trivia will continue to be playable on Buzztime tablets. We’ll let you know if it will be included on the new app.
13. Why do I have to register to play on the app?
Registration is required to use the app. It’s a quick and easy process! Once registered, players can compete for prizes in events like Trivia for Cash, enter sweepstakes, access special offers, and update their account.
14. What does open beta mean?
Open betas serve the dual purpose of demonstrating a product to potential consumers, and testing among a wide user base. With more players using the app, we’re more likely to discover obscure errors that a much smaller testing team might not find. We also want feedback so that our players’ wants, needs, and opinions can be taken into account. Hopefully, when the beta is done and the final product has been released, it meets as many of our players’ expectations as possible.