Want more customers to tag up at your place this May? Use this toolkit to promote all-new Buzztime Baseball Trivia and the Outta the Park sweepstakes.
Just for playing Baseball Trivia at your venue from May 4-May 30, guests have a chance to win $1,000. Here’s how it works:
- Every registered Buzztime player who plays Baseball Trivia automatically earns an entry into the $1,000 sweepstakes.
- Baseball Trivia runs nationwide, 7 days a week at 4:30 PT / 7:30 ET – so every day there’s a reason for baseball fans to come into your venue!
- Trivia questions are updated daily, each 30-minute game covers the latest stats and stars plus topics from baseball’s epic past.
The Buzztime team will be sending emails to all 10 million registered Buzztime players – inviting them to try Baseball Trivia at venues like yours. Use these 5 tips to make your place…their homebase.
Do you run a sports bar? Check out the sports bar marketing playbook – with 15 promotional strategies to win more fans.
1) Always Tag Buzztime
- When posting about Baseball Trivia and the Outta the Park sweepstakes on social media (use our images below to make it easy!), use #Buzztime and #Sweepstakes so it’s clear to guests that the promotion is administered by Buzztime.
- “Tag” Buzztime on social media, too! It’s a way to align your business with a buzzworthy national sweepstakes.
- Tell guests to tag Buzztime in their own photos and videos using #Buzztime #Sweepstakes #YourBusinessName.
2) Throw a Menu Curveball: 5 Baseball-Themed Drink Specials
Show baseball fans your head is in the game with these drink ideas. Go a step further and offer complimentary cracker jacks and peanuts at the bar.
- The Mickey Mantle: Made with whiskey, club soda, and bitters, this classic cocktail celebrates baseball’s golden age.
- Cooperstown Cocktail: Cooperstown, New York is home to the National Baseball Hall of Fame. This minty fresh and orange martini is the perfect recipe for an early afternoon game.
- Relief Pitcher Special: Cater to groups of fans with a “relief pitcher” special (just a clever way to rename your 2-for-1 pitcher special!).
- The Golden Glove: Similar to a classic daiquiri, this refreshing cocktail will be a homerun.
- Try a Beer Cocktail: Think beyond the traditional summer shandy (beer + lemonade), put one of these 17 beer cocktails on your menu now.
3) Build up Your Roster! Focus on New Player Registrations
With a chance to win $1,000, the Outta the Park sweepstakes is the perfect time to build your Buzztime player base. Your existing, registered Buzztime players are all set. But new players need to register so their gameplay can count as a sweepstakes entry.
- Getting guests to register will pay off all year long: Buzztime players spend 21% more per table check on average (according to an independent Nielsen study).
- Train your team: show every server and bartender how to help guests register on Buzztime Tablets (it’s easy and fast). Then, ask them to hand out Buzztime Tablets to every guest.
4) Preschedule Social Posts
It’s the ultimate social media secret of the pros. Take 10 minutes now to lineup your social media posts for the rest of May. Facebook allows you to pre-schedule posts, or use a scheduling tool like HootSuite.
5) Pitch a Question
Use questions to bond with guests on social media and promote the Outta the Park sweepstakes. Feel free to cut and paste these questions:
- How would you spend $1,000 if you’re the @Buzztime Baseball Trivia Sweepstakes winner?
- What’s your all time favorite baseball play? Relive baseball’s greatest moments…Play @Buzztime Baseball Trivia tonight for a chance to win $1,000.
Buzztime created Baseball Trivia and the Outta the Park Sweepstakes to start your summer season off with a grand slam. Use this toolkit to get your fans amped up about their chance to win $1000…just for playing a round of Baseball Trivia at your venue.