What is a Playmaker®, gaming Tablet, or gaming device?
These are all wireless devices that you can use to interact with Buzztime games at participating locations. They are used to interact with Buzztime games via dedicated TV screens in the establishment. Here are the different devices you can use!
Playmaker gaming device (AKA: the blue box) – This is Buzztime’s oldest technology and we are working to phase these out and replace them with our new gaming Tablets
Gaming Tablet – This is our shiny NEW touchscreen device! It’s super awesome, so make sure to check it out!
Can I use my laptop or mobile device as a Playmaker?
At this time we do not offer an application for your laptop or mobile device.
Do I use the same Username and Password to log into the different gaming devices?
Yes. All of our gaming devices use the same information to log you into your account. You will always log in using your Username and Password (the same information you use to log in to Buzztime.com). Note: The Username is different than the “Display Name” which shows up on the TVs. The Username is only used for logging in to your account, and will only show up on Buzztime.com.
Are all games supported on all gaming devices?
No. There are a couple ways to see which games are supported on which devices:
- If you visit the Games section of our website and click on the game you are interested in, you will see the supported devices in the picture on that page. You can also see a list of games currently supported on the Gaming Tablets.
- If you are looking at our Schedule page, you will see a T or a P next to the game name:
T = Gaming Tablet
P = Playmaker gaming device
What if the location I’m playing at has gaming Tablets or Playmaker devices that don’t work?
Please contact us for any inquiries about bad gaming devices at your location.
What if the battery in my gaming device dies while I’m playing?
If your gaming device goes dead while you are playing you will automatically be logged out. Simply log back in to another gaming device and pick up where you left off! Our system will continue you where you logged out. Similarly if you log in to another gaming device before logging out of your current one, your current session will end and you will be logged into the new device.
What is the C or s that I see on the old Playmaker gaming device screen?
The C or s will let you know if the Playmaker gaming device is in CAPS (C) or small/lowercase (s) mode. Push the Caps Lock or Shift (depending upon your Playmaker model) to change the case. This button is “sticky”, meaning it functions like a Caps Lock on a computer keyboard. Always make sure to check this before entering your password!
I’m having trouble logging in to the gaming device. Have any tips?
There are a few common errors we have seen with players entering their information on the gaming devices.
- Make sure you are entering your Username and Password account information (the same information you use to log in to Buzztime.com) and not your Display Name (the name that shows on the TV).
- If you’re not sure you are entering the correct Username and Password, we can help! Our forgot password page will first give you your Username after you enter your email address. If you still can’t remember your password then you can click a button to reset it. This will email you a link. Just click on the link in your email and you will be taken to a page to reset your password.
- If you are playing on the old blue Playmaker gaming device, check whether the Caps Lock or Shift (depending upon your Playmaker model) is on. This button is “sticky”, meaning it functions like a Caps Lock on a computer keyboard. As Passwords are case-sensitive, this is most likely the reason why you are getting an error message.
- If you are entering Username/Password on the Playmaker correctly and are getting an error message, the Buzztime location you are playing at is most likely having problems connecting to the internet.
- If you’ve tried all these options, you know the location is online, and are still having issues, please contact us and we’ll try to solve your issue.