Spotlight™ is hot showbiz trivia dished up in five entertaining rounds. Test your knowledge of movies, music, TV and celebs in this multi-format, hour-long game.
HOW TO PLAY IN YOUR LOCAL BAR OR RESTAURANT:
- Ask your server for a Playmaker® or gaming Tablet.
- Follow the prompts to log in, register or play as a guest
- Choose Spotlight from the menu on the Playmaker
- Spotlight is a 60 minute game played in five rounds
- Idol Talk: Each of the 10 questions will be in the form of a quotation. Your challenge is to name what it’s from or who said it. If you’re not quite sure, don’t worry… each question will give you three clues.
- Flashback: Remember when? For each question, we’ll list four events, one by one. You tell us what year they took place by entering the last two digits of the year. For example, enter “83” for 1983 or “05” for 2005. Points vary depending on how close you came to the correct year and how quickly you answer.
- Get-A-Clue: Your first clue will be scrambled. Even if you can’t figure out the answer from that, though, you’ll still get two more clues to help point you in the right direction.
- Think Again: Five multi-part questions, à la Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. Start with the first word or phrase and find a match for it from the four choices. That correct answer becomes the next word to associate, and so on.
- Final Cut: Wager up to half your total points on one final question. We’ll give you the category first so you can decide whether to play it safe or go for the glory. As time ticks down, answers will wipe out and point value will decrease.
- Select the correct answer as quickly as possible to maximize the point value of each question!
- Your scores will be ranked against other players across the network, so check to see how you did at the end of the game on our leaderboard!